- Meet Information
- Travel Plans
- Special Events
- Records & Results
- 2013 Girls Results
- 2013 Boys Results
- 2013 Coaches
- 2013 Simplot Games Photos
- Meet Records
- Previous Results
- About Us
Pocatello, Idaho- The Simplot Games always exceeds expectations. Athletes have an amazing opportunity in this supreme venue, where excitement is at level ten.
Ryan Crouser from Gresham, Ore., started finals with an exclamation point. Crouser came right out of the gate with a Simplot Games meet record with a throw of 72’ 1”. His second toss claimed the national record at 75’ 3.50”, but his crushing throw came later at 77’ 2.75” – the second best prep throw ever – indoors or out!
“I felt really solid this last week of practice,” Crouser said. “After I threw over 75 feet, I had nothing holding me back so I went all out.”
The shot put area was electric when Crouser took the circle each time. The crowd and athletes were both expecting greatness with each throw; and they got just that.
Hannah Cunliffe, a freshman from Federal Way, Wash., broke the freshman class record with a time of 7.47 (record was 7.49) while finishing second in the girls’ 60 meters.
“My goal is to win and not to focus on time,” said Cunliffe.
Other highlights from the weekend include:
- Shelby Ashe from Marietta, Ga., with the club Throw1Deep, claimed gold in the girls weight throw with a throw of 64’ 9.75”.
- Trinity Wilson from Oakland, Calif., placed first in the 60-meter hurdles for the third time in three years.
- Gunnar Nixon from Edmond, Okla., took gold in the long jump and second in both the high jump and 60-meters hurdles.
- Susannah Hurst from Holladay, Utah, blew the competition out of the water by a half a lap with a time of 10:50.54.
- Kylie Price from West Covina, Calif., won both the 60-meter dash and the long jump.
- Darrion Brooks from Kent, Wash., placed first in the 60-meters dash and triple jump.
- Medgar Evers Track Club from New York, N.Y., won both the 4×200- and 4×400-meter relays.
More than 1,800 athletes came from across the U.S. and Canada to participate in the 32nd annual Simplot Games. Simplot Games remains the nation’s premier high school indoor track and field event. Sponsored by the J.R. Simplot Company since 1979, the Simplot Games are held at Idaho State University’s Holt Arena in Pocatello, Idaho.
For more information on Simplot Games, please visit our website at www.simplotgames.com. You may also contact Rebecca Anderson at (208) 235-5604 or the media team at Simplot_Games@yahoo.com.
The Nation’s Premiere High School Track & Field Event
See Simplot Games on Twitter, Facebook, and Youtubes
Sign Up for our Newsletter