For Immediate Release
Contact: Levi Gribas
Phone: (208) 220-9604
Idaho Athlete Standouts in the 2017 Simplot Games Finals
Pocatello, Idaho – Lita Forse, a senior from Caldwell, won the shot put at the 2017 Simplot Games to lead a strong showing by Idaho athletes at the 39th annual event on their home turf.
Idaho athletes who placed in their events include the following:
- Lita Forse, a senior from Caldwell, made her way to the top of the girls shot put podium with a toss of 40’7.5”. Randee Smith from Rigby and Megan Nate from Boise also placed in the finals at third and sixth.
- Britt Ipsen, a senior from Boise competed in the boys long jump, high jump and triple jump finals. Ipsen placed fourth in the high jump and triple jump, jumping 6’5” in the high jump and bounding 45’6.75”in the triple jump. He placed sixth in the long jump covering a distance 21’9.75”.
- Lexy Halladay, a freshman from Boise, ran her way to second place on the podium with a time of 5:01.80 in the girls 1600-meter final.
- Idaho had three athletes on the podium for the girls’ pole vault. Taylen Langin and Paige Dallman, juniors from Meridian took second and fourth place, respectively. Sierra Kiser, a senior from Boise, took fifth.
- Idaho also had three boys place in the pole vault at Simplot Games. In fourth place there was Mark Sullivan, a junior from Caldwell. Following him, Jacob Englar, a junior from Nampa took fifth, and in sixth place, Darrian Walker, a senior from Boise.
A full list of Idaho medalists is included below.
More than 2,200 athletes came from across the U.S., Canada, and Australia to participate in the 39th annual Simplot Games. Simplot Games remains the nation’s premier high school indoor track and field event. Sponsored by the J.R. Simplot Company since 1979, the Simplot Games are held at Idaho State University’s Holt Arena in Pocatello, Idaho.
For more information on Simplot Games, please visit our website at www.simplotgames.com. You may also contact Lisa Woodland at (208) 235-5604 or Simplot Games Media Team at email@example.com.
The Nation’s Premiere High School Track & Field Event
See Simplot Games on Twitter @SimplotGames, Facebook, Instagram, Vine and YouTube
Idaho Medalist List:
Boys 200 Meter Dash
4th, Caleb Hardy, 12, Boise
Boys 400 Meter Dash
6th, Alex Ayers, 12, Coeur d Alene
Girls 1600 Meter Run
2nd, Lexy Halladay, 9, Boise
Boys 1600 Medley Relay
2nd, Team-Idaho, Boise
Girls 4 x 200 Relay
5th, Team-Idaho, Boise
Girls Shot Put
1st, Lita Forse, 12, Caldwell
3rd, Randee Smith, 12, Rigby
6th, Megan Nate, 12, Boise
Boys Pole Vault
4th, Mark Sullivan, 11, Caldwell
5th, Jacob Englar, 11, Nampa
6th, Darrian Walker, 12, Boise
Girls Pole Vault
2nd, Taylen Langin, 11, Meridian
4th, Paige Dallmann, 11, Meridian
5th, Sierra Kiser, 12, Boise
Boys High Jump
2nd, Ty Wright, 10, Shelley
4th, Britt Ispen, 12, Boise
Girls High Jump
6th, Jada Johnson, 12, Idaho Falls
Boys Long Jump
6th, Britt Ispen, 12, Boise
Boys Triple Jump
4th, Britt Ispen, 12, Boise